Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Walk of Life...

This day should be Daddy's Day!

It is true that sometimes Parents do learn from their children too. Today my daddy took part in his first ever rally to mark Democracy Day. About time too! Guess it's never too late... I would be lying to myself if I said I did not feel proud of him! I saw the flush of emotions on his face and his excitement in finally walking his walk!

I was a few months inside my mom when my 19 year old daddy was first taken to jail. He was never told the reason why, till this day! History did repeat itself years later. I knew how my young father would have felt subjected to torture, with a 14 year old child wife back home a few months pregnant, when I was thrown into jail after Black Friday and so on for the next three years.

Years of torture and financial issues had broken down many a men of my fathers generation, that it shames them that they were so tied to this parasite called fear instilled by a mad man. It slowly fed on whatever was left of their dignity, courage and hope... It made me weep ever since I really could weep and understand why the tears were being shed.

Some fight their inner fights silently, when others need to stand up and roar. Either way it isn't a smooth ride for anyone. A revolution cannot be brought without giving your heart, soul or life. That is why heroes are few among us. Heroes, because, few in the world are capable of standing up to authority, brutality, pain, injustice and few can completely release every ounce of fear in their being for the sake of freedom.

Today he stood beside me tall, confident and sure of his self with a twinkle in his eyes. I knew that moment that he had after all, finally, faced his demons and come to terms with life's many injustices and let downs. I guess we are even now. And we hugged. We hugged for all the time we lost, for all that he couldn't bestow upon his daughter, for all our shattered dreams, our failures, our struggles, the tortures, the jails we were confined to, and for the great love and kindness we felt for the living being. We can be changed by what happens to us. We refuse to be reduced by it... We are healed. We have a smile in our hearts, we are ready to grow old now and death, come when it may... I love my father more and more each day.

Love like change is constant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ThinkExist.com Quotes